Recently, the Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) released the following alert:
“Australian organisations are encouraged to urgently adopt an enhanced cyber security position. Organisations should act now and follow ACSC’s advice to improve their cyber security resilience in light of the heightened threat environment.”
BoardRoom would like to reassure our clients we remain committed to protecting our client’s data. Our security operations team are operating at a level of extreme vigilant at this time having implemented the following:
- Increased communication with our employees on the importance of cyber security vigilance in the face of increased cyber activity
- Geo-blocking and monitoring of origin countries
- Increased sensitivity to indicators of compromise across all security platforms via our centralised SIEM (Security Information and Event Management)
- Monitoring of cyber security threat feeds from our security vendors to stay abreast of the ever-changing landscape
BoardRoom’s posture in relation to cyber security includes:
- Next-generation firewall endpoint protection, constantly monitoring all activities and providing telemetry for analysis against threat patterns worldwide
- Funnelling of all public internet traffic via a best of breed web application firewall, to protect against application and DDoS (Distributed Denial-of-Service) threats prior to reaching BoardRoom applications
- API environment securely protected and locked to known and trusted hosts
- Protection of infrastructure behind firewalls, following a least privilege access model with intrusion detection
In addition to our heightened focus on cyber security, BoardRoom would like to reiterate our Sanctions Screening procedures. BoardRoom’s client registers are interrogated nightly against sanctions lists maintained by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). This screening includes sanction matches relating to Russia and the Donetsk, Luhansk, Crimea and Sevastopol regions of Ukraine.
If BoardRoom identifies any positive matches the relevant clients will be notified immediately.
BoardRoom will continue to keep clients abreast of the situation and if you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.
To read more about the ACSC recommendations please click here.
Contact BoardRoom for more information:
General Manager, Corporate Governancemartin.email@example.com