BoardRoom provides an extensive range of services for listed entities on the ASX, NSX and SSX, as well as unlisted entities including proprietary companies, unlisted property trusts, equity funds and organisations considering an IPO.
At BoardRoom we understand that corporate secretarial duties can be expensive, a distraction, and a burden to your management.
Here’s our solution.
We are Australia’s leading provider of company secretarial services, providing flexible and cost-effective solutions to a vast range of listed, public, private companies, international subsidiaries, and associations. We have a large and experienced team with a wealth of corporate secretarial and governance knowledge at our fingertips, complemented and extended into other essential services through our key strategic partnerships with external specialists.
Our company secretarial support services include:
- Acting as named Company Secretary for Australian businesses
- Managing and minuting board, committee, and shareholder meetings
- ASIC compliance including subsidiary management
- ASX compliance and advice including continuous disclosure, listing rules, governance principles, and corporate action management
- Officeholder appointments and resignations, share transfers, company incorporations and deregistrations in Australia
- Updating and maintaining minute books and statutory registers
- Providing corporate governance advice and assistance including charters, policies, and the corporate governance statement
Managing large corporate structures can present frustrations to internal teams, including administration headaches, a high volume of unfamiliar documentation, and risk of fines for late or incorrect lodgements.
Companies can seek to reduce costs and enhance their governance by outsourcing subsidiary management to our company secretarial team in Australia.
At BoardRoom, we manage large and complex corporate structures of up to several hundred entities. Coupled with our regular reporting and project management approach, our industry-leading solution utilises technology and workflows to manage tasks including:
- Appointed ASIC Agent
- Managing the annual review
- Drafting and lodging documents to appoint director
- Allotting or transferring shares
- Changing addresses
- Incorporations and deregistrations
- ASIC processing
- Corporate health checks, and more.
Our Technical Advisory Team offer vast experience, document libraries, and a cost-effective solution to assist with complex corporate secretarial matters including:
- Corporate Actions
- Share Purchase Plans
- Rights Issues
- IPOs including Prospectus drafting
- Due Diligence Management
- ASIC and ASX Relief and Waiver Applications, and much more
We’ll meet your obligations in a timely, tidy and effective manner, reducing your risk of breaches, fines and possible regulatory investigation. If you have any questions about our corporate secretarial services, don’t hesitate to contact a member of our team today. Our one-stop solutions and company secretaries are designed to make company formation and registration in Australia simple and trouble-free.
Our industry-first company secretarial platform
Remove administration headaches and eradicate paper through our cloud-based solution.
Key features include:
- Central depository for real-time information and document exchanges;
- Instant access to data including company profiles and director details;
- Customisable reminders and notifications;
- Raising service requests; and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are corporate secretarial services?Corporate Secretarial services cover a wide range of services including ASIC and ASX compliance, subsidiary management, board and shareholder meeting management, company incorporations and deregistrations, corporate governance advice and more.
What is the role of a company secretary?A company secretary assists companies in maintaining corporate governance and overseeing and mitigating risks of corporate non-compliance through specialist knowledge and management of crucial processes.
Do I need to appoint a company secretary in Australia?
Public (limited) companies are required to appoint a company secretary. Proprietary limited companies are not required to appoint a company secretary.
Australian legislation does not specify academic, business, or other qualifications to be appointed as Company Secretary of an Australian company. Appointees, however, must be 18 years of age or older.
Why should I outsource company secretarial services?Appointing a Company Secretarial expert to manage your compliance can greatly reduce the burden and potential risks involved. Specialist company secretarial service providers can form an integral part of a company’s governance framework.
How do I register or incorporate a company in Australia?
Registering a company in Australia involves deciding upon a company name, selecting a company structure, decisions on governance, consent from necessary officeholders, selecting a registered office, and several other steps.
Many companies choose to outsource their company incorporation to an external provider to draft and lodge the relevant documentation and ensure accuracy.
How to close off a company in Australia?
Closing a solvent company in Australia requires a voluntary deregistration with ASIC or winding-up the company with the assistance of a liquidator.
Before ASIC will accept an application for voluntary deregistration, companies must ensure:
- all shareholders of the company agree to deregister;
- the company is not conducting business;
- the company's assets are worth less than $1000;
- the company has no outstanding liabilities (i.e. unpaid employee entitlements);
- the company is not involved in any legal proceedings; and
- the company has paid all fees and penalties payable to ASIC.
How can BoardRoom help in company secretarial services?BoardRoom is Australia’s leading Corporate Secretarial consultancy. We have supported companies over decades, from start-ups to multinationals, in navigating through complex regulatory policies and culture sensibilities. BoardRoom has provided clients with the expertise and tools needed to automate transactional processes, enhance productivity and reduce risk. Contact us today to learn more about our company secretarial services.